STRUCTURAL STEEL FABRICATION
- Coordinate with contractors or erectors for smooth project logistics
- Leverage the power of advanced technology and provide detailing services using AutoCAD’s Advanced Steel software
- Handle your requests for specialty coatings
- Have licensed structural engineers on staff to perform connection design
- Fabricate with CNC equipment for improved efficiency
- Can provide a digital, BIM model of the structure
- Have over 200 years of steel fabrication experience on staff
BSG understands you want readily buildable structural steel frames that can expedite the erection process. What helps make that happen? Delivering fabricated steel beams that fit extremely well and don’t require rework on the job site. That’s our goal with every project we take on. With our design-build roots and a fabrication team of true craftsmen and a former erector, BSG understands what it takes to facilitate a better steel erection process.
In-House Structural Engineers
With our early involvement in your project, you can benefit from a more comprehensive—and efficient—process. You’ll not only have experienced steel fabricators; you’ll have in-house structural engineers to design the steel beam connections and provide support for additional structural engineering needs, should your facility require it.
LEHIGH VALLEY HEALTH NETWORK (LVHN) FAMILY HEALTH PAVILION
Providing solutions for an expedited project schedule
When LVHN expanded its hospital in Bethlehem, PA., expediting the steel erection became a crucial part of the construction process for the new 4-story, 161,000 square-foot building.
Services BSG provided included:
- Structural design
- Detailing and fabrication of steel beams
- Wall panel design and installation
- Shipping and delivery in accordance with project schedule
BSG introduced the approach of using a proprietary field-bolted moment-frame system from SidePlate. The approach shortened the design cycle, minimized job-site welding and inspections, and sped up the erection process. The moment-frame solution also creates a more flexible structural system, one that will allow easier accommodation of programming changes in the future.